Why Manchester United have not announced Jadon Sancho's transfer yet
Man United are still yet to announce the signing of Jadon Sancho nearly two weeks on from the Euro 2020 final.
The announcement of Jadon Sancho’s transfer to Manchester United has been delayed by a 'minor issue'.
Sancho agreed personal terms with United before the club had a £72.9million bid accepted by Borussia Dortmund three weeks ago and the 21-year-old arrived at United’s Carrington training complex last week to complete a medical.
United had planned on confirming the Sancho deal late last week but there has been a hold-up in finalising the paperwork. Sources are hopeful the signing will be announced before the weekend.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said there were ‘small details’ to address before the club could parade Sancho.
“From what I understand only paperwork, small little details, hopefully we can announce something," Solskjaer said after United’s pre-season friendly win at Derby on Sunday. "Let's get all the paperwork done and get him over the line and then I can say what I truly feel about the player."
Despite frustration over the delay, it has had no impact on Sancho’s preparations as he is currently on holiday following the European Championship and not due to report for training at United until next month.
United are hopeful Sancho could make his bow in their final friendly with Everton at Old Trafford on August 7. United start their season a week later against Leeds at home.
Sancho tallied 36 goals and assists in 38 games for Dortmund last season.